We hope you consider John Helmke and Helmke Industries for your kitchen or bathroom remodeling project. John or one of our designers is happy to make an appointment with you at any time to discuss your ideas and questions about your home improvement. We’ve been at this for over 20 years, and we know how to make it a worry free and budget friendly experience. We serve homes and businesses in Bergen and Rockland Counties. Here is one approach that seems common with folks with a limited budget.
Budget Kitchen Remodeling: Kitchens Under $5,000
Remodeling your kitchen doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Smart kitchen remodels are sometimes all you need and Helmke Industries is full of ideas for quick, easy, and affordable updates.
Here are some ideas:
Refresh with Paint
Adding a white beaded board, for example, to the island or “peninsula” and painting the existing cabinets a warm white can brighten up a formerly dark space. To keep costs low, hardware can be added just to the drawers. Chairs and stools can be found used and can be coordinated with a crisp coat of white paint. This can be done for under $2,000.
Details can make a big difference
Common sense updates don’t have to cost a fortune. New lighting, and the right kind of lighting, can add a lot to any kitchen. New windows can also make a big difference. A farmhouse sink adds character to the space. Just some examples of what we can discuss during our first consultation, which is always free and a good time to see your home and get a sense of what you want to accomplish.
- Butcher block
- Premium Natural Quartz is a natural quartz surface made by an optimal fusion of quartz and resin materials. Quartz is naturally beautiful yet incredibly durable. Treated and pressed, natural quartz stone is one of nature’s hardest minerals.
- Quartz combines sleek contemporary styling with demonstrated strength and performance. Quartz is scratch-resistant, stain-resistant, and is offered in an array of modern colors providing a beautiful and discerning countertop solution for Homeowners, Architects, and Designers alike. It’s extreme durability makes it ideal for today’s kitchen and bathroom surfaces. Premium Natural Quartz surfaces are the ultimate integration between natural and manufactured materials giving it superior function over granite.
- Quartz does not require sealing, re-polishing or reconditioning. Keeping your Quartz countertop clean is easy. Simply wipe down with warm water and a mild detergent. Q is 99.93% solid and resist stains from coffee, tea, wine, grape juice, food coloring, nail polish and many other agents that permanently stain or ruin more vulnerable countertop surfaces.
- Are you seeking a beautiful, durable, naturally non-porous countertop that requires no maintenance? Look no further; soapstone is timelessly elegant, cleans up easily with soap and water, doesn’t stain, and is not affected by chemicals, acids or heat. Soapstone is regularly chosen for scientific laboratories because of its durability and non-porous nature.
- Add warmth to any space with a limestone countertop. Its comfortable and casual appeal is great for any space that needs the temperate charm of its soft beiges and tans. Limestone is an easygoing stone formed at the bottom of the sea as sediment settles and its weight eventually pressurizes into a solid surface.
- Marble stone is formed from limestone, superheated to form its unique crystalline structure. Our marble countertop selection is unmatched with over 50 marble color options and patterns to choose from. Marble countertop surfaces are timeless with their classic beauty and elegance. If you are looking for a surface to sustain through the ages, this natural stone countertop material is perfect for you. Its naturally cool temperature is pleasing for cooking as well as keeping any workspaces temperature controlled.
Updated Charm – and use of space. Often updating a few things in your kitchen can make a huge difference.
Here are some examples:
- Newly painted walls
- Tile highlights or trim
- Stained glass window
- In a budget-friendly makeover, newly painted cabinets, chic cabinet hardware, and stainless-steel appliances.
Make your kitchen practical and a place you are happy to entertain guests. The right layout and new appliances can make a huge difference. Make sure they are chosen and installed correctly with your overall design choices in mind.
Any extra storage space provides a big impact in a small kitchen. Moving the refrigerator just a few inches inches can provide enough room to add another base cabinet and more countertop space. Open shelving installed around the refrigerator can also implement more storage, keeping everyday dishware within easy reach.
You don’t have to re do your entire kitchen. When you purchase your first home, the original kitchen can look dated, but its layout can be functional. With quick updates — paint, new cabinet hardware, and a few decorative elements — the kitchen can be brought up-to-speed. New glass features, and a fresh coat of paint on the cabinets can refresh the room’s style at minimal cost.
There are so many more ideas and we hope you will call us to share your plans for home improvement including kitchens or bathrooms, drywall, demolition, hardwood floors, masonry, etc.